Beautiful Family

Beautiful Family

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Life Changes

Is there anyone out there who feels like I do when you have big life changes happening you seem to lose friends/people you care about?!? I know and completely understand that everyone has things going on in their lives that people get busy and just simply don't put in the effort to keep some friendships alive but I have only felt so alone when I need people/friendship the most when i'm going through life changing events. The first one which is so common in a lot of people lives is High School Graduation, there are so many people that I honestly think that was the last time I saw them/spoke to them. Even if I try to plan events with friends who can bring kids and spouses I get no effort. I did have a huge turn out of friends for my baby shower for Jayme and I was thrilled to see and hangout with some old friends but since then it seems as though I never cross their minds. When I got divorced I felt like I had two friends who stood by my side. They would come to game nights and my birthday party and Jayme's birthday and even stuck around to meet a few guys I dated along the way. Then a few have come around here and there when I married Mike and have gone to/had a couple of events but now that i'm pregnant again and having a little girl I feel as though I don't fit in anywhere. Either people aren't having babies, aren't even interested in knowing what's going on in my life or are just busy within their lives/schedules. I sit and think about what I've done to said people to make them not want friendship with me and although it may sound stupid I beat myself up about it. I have felt that within weeks i have simply vanished from peoples mindset/thoughts and when I am around unless they talk to me about baby stuff i'm unimportant. I am a person. I have feelings. I have thoughts other than my unborn child. I can relate to relationship issues, I can relate to happy times and going out and simple things as being there. Why do I have to be invisible? Why do I have to be made to feel like i'm not as important as others? Why do I have to feel as if I have lost all my friends? Even more Did I ever truly have friends? If anyone can make me understand the simple concept of Friendship and why it seems as though I lack the ability to have it with others please feel free to help me understand.

Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany, even thought we were not real close in high school I still consider you a friend. I love reading your blog, and to find out your were having a baby girl! I got so excited :) I wish we lived near each other because I would love to hang out. You and Tristy are some of the most genuine people I know. I go through times like these alot!!! I moved away from all of my friends and family and feel like I don't have any close friends near by. I think thats why I blog and get on Facebook all the time. I feel like it gets me a little bit closer to friends. Just know you do have friends and I am always hear if you need someone to talk to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you feel this way! Just know that we are always here for you! I know we havent hung out in a while (and we really need to get together) but Drue has been working 14 hour days plus going in on saturday and sunday. I also feel like you do quite often. You and Tristy are really the only people I can truly say are my real friends. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

    ReplyDelete